Advantages and Disadvantages of HostGator
To find out, it wouldn’t hurt to summarize our findings this can help us come up with a clear verdict in the final section of our inspection:
• HostGator are specialists in shared web hosting with a great deal of experience, leading from a massive client base and a decades-long track record.
• There are few if any hosting providers that could match HostGator concerning pricing; you can be sure to discover large discounts and special offers most of the time, particularly if you opt for longer billing cycles.
• It’s possible to find a free domain name with your hosting order; keep in mind that the domain will renew during its usual price after 1 year.
• The average server uptime is over the 99.9% figure cited in HostGator’s service warranty. This is a typical level for shared hosting and suggests less than an hour of complete expected downtime per month.
• You are able to get 24/7/365 support with HostGator’s live chat, either in case you have an existing account or merely considering to become a customer. The support team is friendly and knowledgeable.
• Actually, as a result of a large archive of instructional and help articles you won’t even need to use the conversation that frequently.
• Server response time, which influences your website’s loading speed, is okay but not good for a hosting supplier of the size.
• When purchasing HostGator services one should always remember the specific prices listed on their site are valid for the first billing cycle only.
• The proprietor of HostGator, the Endurance Group, relies on extracting money flows from obtained hosting suppliers, which could suggest less motivation for HostGator to innovate and go that extra mile for its customers.
Features Of HostGator
HostGator offers a huge array of hosting plans that suit almost every kind of web site owner. From those just getting started online, to website owners who run established, high-traffic sites.
When searching through the various hosting options and plans available you will find all the info you will need to make the perfect choice.
You’ll find many different different hosting options to select from including, shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting, WordPress hosting, as well as reseller hosting.
For many individuals, shared hosting will be the best type of hosting to suit your needs. Most website owners are going to be wholly satisfied with a standard shared hosting program.
There are currently three different shared hosting plans, all which offer introductory rates which are incredibly cheap.
The way that cloud hosting functions you are not limited by the limitations of one physical server. Rather, you’re relying on a network of servers called a host cluster. This makes it unbelievably easy to scale your resource usage down or up. So, if your website is growing very quickly, or you’ve got unpredictable traffic , subsequently cloud hosting can help you effectively meet those needs.
Plus, you have the benefit of nearly perfect uptime. If there’s ever a hardware issue with any server, it is really simple to switch your site to another server on the network.
Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated server hosting is one of the costliest forms of hosting throughout the board. However, with the greater monthly charges, you get access to an entire physical server to do whatever you wish.
Should you run a WordPress site, then you’re probably searching for a host that’ll let you get the most out of your website. When your website is small, you can most likely get away with using a conventional shared hosting plan.
However, when your WordPress site starts to grow you’ll need a hosting package that’ll fully support your site’s growth while enhancing things like site performance and safety.
Reseller hosting could be a great way to provide hosting as an add on service. Reseller plans are designed in a manner that’ll enable you to make money and look as if you’re a legitimate hosting company. All without having to physically handle any servers.
VPS hosting is a great hosting choice for people who’ve outgrown shared hosting but are not quite ready to upgrade to a dedicated server just yet. VPS hosting uses server virtualization technology to basically create a dedicated server environment, while still keeping costs very low.
VPS hosting is an excellent option if you need to encourage higher or scaling traffic amounts, but you do not want to put money into the higher monthly charges that come with a dedicated host.
Reliability and Support
Sites are usually long-term projects. It follows that when you’re choosing a hosting company, you are making a choice for several years.
It is thus essential to think beyond the instant discounts and think about things that may really make a difference over the years like service stability and customer support.
The very educational way to gauge the reliability of a specified hosting supplier (and compare it to other people ) would be to measure two items:
• Uptime, or the percent of time an average server is up and operating, and hence your site is available to the public.
• Response time, i.e. just how long your customers have to await the first reply for incoming connections.
Before we move on to the conclusion, here is a fast way to save a bit of additional cash on a HostGator buy if you choose a short charging cycle (12 months or shorter).
During the checkout, locate section 5. On the page and enter the following code rather than the pre-filled one, then click “Validate” and check if your closing price gets reduced.
HostGator offers web hosting for different users at different price ranges, with adaptive resource choices. It offers good shared hosting for novices, but also excellent options for intermediate users with plenty of free features like SSL certificates.
Don’t hesitate to explore their site and hosting programs in order to make the ideal decision! Even though you heard a lot here, you can discover far more by exploring their site and knowledge base to get answers to any additional questions.