BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for both established and rapidly-growing companies. Combining enterprise functionality, an open layout and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables companies to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software.
BigCommerce Pros and Cons
Thus, is BigCommerce an ideal tool for the ecommerce strategy?
Well, that depends. Like any other tool, it features pros and cons To consider.
- Outstanding management programs, such as order management, product management, analytics, reports, and whatever else you may think of. BigCommerce is great for shop management on an everyday basis.
- Promoting module with AdWords integrations, coupons, plus much more. Besides, you can cultivate your audience through integrations with email marketing tools such as Mailchimp
- BigCommerce is very affordable when you consider the amount of amazing features it provides as well as the fact that there’s not any limit on the number of clients you can operate, or the number of products that you are able to supply.
- 24/7 support: Customer support from BigCommerce is very excellent. You can even get assistance with figuring things out such as SEO as well as the basics of advertising.
- Utilize the monies that fit you — such as multiple at distinct times.
- No payment fees: Even if you are using a third party payment gateway, then BigCommerce doesn’t charge any payment.
- The instrument for saving abandoned cart details is excellent for getting back your customers into your shop when you want them most.
- If you would like to personalize your store, the topics can become very expensive — especially in the event which you would like something from this premium selection.
- It’s difficult to adjust all the aspects of your home page — like the text material.
- The website carousel requires a bit of trial and error before you can get it looking fantastic.
- The design adjustment features don’t necessarily work the way that you would enjoy it to.
- You need to cover quite a bit access to get access to things like the cart surgery.
- There’s a limitation on the amount of yearly online sales you may make.
At one stage BigCommerce had some aggressive pricing which But after many emails and comments from our subscribers, it seems like they’ve radically increased costs for their successful clients.
This is a massive drawback to both BigCommerce clients and our opinion Sure, you still get a number of the fixed prices which we’ll outline below, but after you exceed a particular point in earnings you are likely to get slammed with insanely big monthly rates. It is nearly like BigCommerce is attempting to gouge users who earn more income, just because they can.
You’ve got to be earning $50k per year to customer the typical package so that it’s likely to only be acceptable for smaller ecommerce sites.
Plus Strategy – For $79.95 per month you get all typical Plan characteristics, no transaction fees, real time carrier transport, fantastic payment providers, an abandoned cart saver, innovative customer segmentation in addition to a voucher that is hosted in your own domainname. The BigCommerce Plus program is acceptable for medium-sized online shops producing roughly $150k annually. Deciding this application will permit you to get a few more advanced capabilities.
Professional Strategy – For $299.95 per month you receive all Plus Strategy features, no transaction fees, Google customer testimonials, product filtering and an accessible dedicated SSL. After they need at least $150/mo for each additional $200k in earnings. The BigCommerce Pro program also includes Faceted search, which enables online shoppers to filter and form solutions. This program will also allow store owners to set up third party SSL certificates.
Business Plan- This requires you to get BigCommerce for custom pricing, nevertheless you may expect all the Plus Plan attributes, together with a committed SSL and IP address, installation and data migration, priority assistance, product filteringand advanced reporting programs, Google reputable shops and much more. As most of our clients have pointed out, it seems like BigCommerce is pushing far more successful customers to proceed with this app.
All Websites hosted on BigCommerce are level 1 accredited PCI compliant, which means that your clients do not need to worry about their personal and financial info. Your company infrastructure could be protected with a company grade network structure.
I Particularly enjoy the fact which it is possible to choose to talk about an SSL certificate or buy your personal. Life requires more choices like that. Basically, a shared SSL signifies that your checkout is not hosted on your own site. It seems like it’s, but the customer goes through another program. It’s similar to Shopify.
In general, safety is among those powerful points with BigCommerce.
After having analyzed BigCommerce’s Functionalities for several weeks, we’ll provide you our verdictoverall, we are delighted with the results and we all think that BigCommerce is a good tool to create your online store — it is similar to Shopify.
Product management is remarkably flexible with BigCommerce. Your Inventory will be perfectly handled and updated, and you’ll have the ability to specify all of the alternatives and variants which you need to your product. With their App Market, you can install programs offering additional functionalitie